The goal of this project is to build a small HF/VHF/UHF RF generator with correct and good performance for the lab.
For a good stability, the clock reference come from a OCXO @10Mhz, particular attention will be carried on power supply, with the employ of low drop, low noise regulator.
A useful “tracking” function is available, a small cheap little board with AD9833 will ensure a NBFM modulation from 1khz to 30khz.
Due to high number of I/O needed, the MCU is based of Arduino MEGA.
The output power will be controlled with a programmable PE4306 attenuator.
Final filtered output signal will be measured with a ADL5513 log detector.
All of data are displayed on a 4×20 LCD.
- Covering 1Mhz to 4.4Ghz.
- 1Mhz-4.4Ghz with harmonic filtering.
- RAW unfiltered 35Mhz-4.4Ghz output (with harmonics).
- Band selector 35/50/145/435/1240/2345/3000/4400Mhz.
- Step size 10M/1M/100k/10k/6.25k and more.
- Tracking mode, internal modulator 1/30khz.
- DSB modulation for 1 to 4400Mhz, and NBFM from 35 to 4400Mhz
- Output level adjustable from -30dbm to +5dbm.
- Internal 10mhz precision reference with OCXO.
- Harmonics rejection with 4 bands filtering switch.
update 09/2018, Back on this project…
update 01/2020, Really back to this project …
- adding a DSB modulator
- adding a double programmable attenuator to up -63db
- trying to put a AGC to ensure a constant level